Sunday, November 28, 2010

#13

Ok so I know this is entirely off topic, but it is something that I want to have clarified. Why the heck do football coaches (such as Nick Saban) have a higher salary than our firefighters and policemen? Furthermore, why do actors and actresses make more money than people who protect our country? It's ridiculous that a man with a coaching degree (and only God knows what else qualifies him) can make $4 MILLION for just coaching a football team. People may say that he's such a great coach and he deserves to make a lot of money. Yeah that could be true, but our police officers, fire fighters, and military risk their lives every day for the safety of our nation, and they don't make even a quarter of that salary. It's sad to see the priorities of our nation these days.
Sorry about the ranting...

1 comment:

  1. Haha this makes me smile because I think about that topic a lot. I have a brother in law who is a cop. I think this will always be a big debate of our nation, but what are we going to do about it... sadly we can't do anything about it. Feel free to rant anytime, it's a nice break : )

    ReplyDelete