Tuesday, November 23, 2010

#12

So...I know I've gotten behind on my blogs, and I'm playing catch up now, but I want to address something that has been bothering me for a while now. Why is God pushed out of so many things? They have pushed it out of our schools, trying to push it out of the Pledge of Allegiance, and many other places. So why do people start blaming God for everything as soon as a natural disaster comes or something catastrophic happens? They push Him so far that He finally does what they ask and then they question as to why He "wasn't there" when they needed Him the most. It doesn't make any sense, not to me at least. But yeah...just had to get that off my chest.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. That makes no sense at all. I guess, though, that it shows awkwardness of society in relation to God in that a relationship with Him is not important. Instead, God is treated like an insurance policy or a get out of jail card...He is tucked away, to be used only when we get in a bind or a situation of dire consequences. Otherwise, he is disregarded. Good point Ging....

    ReplyDelete